Saturday 8 June 2019

GAME FUN 6: Mathdoku

Mathdoku


Mthdoku or Calcudoku or call it by whichever name you like. Some will say its like sudoku or some will say no its only a calculation puzzle but hey! it's good news because it's both. I won't go to its history this time because I don't think its an old game. I really want to talk about my fondness to this game though, I call this game my accidental love. I am a helpless HTCITY reader and I think their editor is doing a good job by devoting a whole section to brainy or want to brainy people too. yes! I am talking about the same page where they have horoscopes, cartoons, and my favorite sudoku and Mathdoku. From there only, I found my love.
 It is an amazing game that not only involves mere positioning of numbers but all basic mathematical operations too. It gives us a good strategic planning and simple calculation practices to mind. This kind of seems hypothetical but by practicing these simple calculation puzzles can help us in problem-solving questions later on. These give our cute little mind a practice to do basic logical reasoning.
This whole puzzle is a 5 X 5 box with all columns and rows marked as a table. There are some dark outlines that give you a path where the calculation, with the result and operation, are given, goes. You just have to read the operation and the given number which should come out as a result then find out the numbers responsible for that result with the given operation. Do remember numbers from 1 to 5 can only be used and cannot be repeated in any row or column twice.
Please remember you can also find a different version of the same game, it could be with different number of grids as 4 X 4 or 6 X 6. The one I have mentioned here is the simplest one you can easily find in the mentioned newspaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAME FUN 6: Mathdoku

Mathdoku Mthdoku or Calcudoku or call it by whichever name you like. Some will say its like sudoku or some will say no its only a cal...